The objects of the association are to work for:
- Greater understanding by society as a whole of the significance of venture capital for new business formation and value creation in Norway
- Stimulate recruitment to company start–ups
- Provide expertise to higher education institutions and research teams
- Encourage positive attitudes in and a cooperative stance by government
A strong interest organisation
- Put the entrepreneurs’ case to public opinion and government
- Work for better policies governing start–ups and risk capital
- Create a strong and purposeful Norwegian environment for early–phase investment
- Build networks between venture capital companies in Norway and abroad
- Promote the code of ethics and clear guidelines for the venture capital business
- Transfer the necessary expertise to new and established ventures
The NVCA has two categories of member: primary and associated.
Membership of the association is exclusive and carries obligations. A written application to join should be addressed to the board, for the attention of the general secretary, and should contain details about the business, capital under management, shareholders, industry focus and location. The board will assess applications and grant or refuse membership at its sole discretion.
Membership of the NVCA is open to independent, professional management companies and venture entities in corporate structure (Corporate Venture) in which investment in new ventures, company growth or corporate restructuring plays a significant role, which exercise active ownership, which have at least NOK 100 million in capital under management, and which have investment in Norway as a substantial part of their overall business.
Primary members of the NVCA are under an obligation to observe the industry’s code of ethics. They must work to achieve the association’s objects, and observe its statutes as well as decisions taken under these.
Primary members can be suspended and⁄or excluded for breaches of the ethical code or if they cease in some other way to satisfy the criteria for primary membership of the association.
Associate membership is open to other investors, in addition to companies and organisations providing services to the venture capital sector, and others interested in the venture capital business that wish to support the association’s work.
Membership fees are set by the annual meeting. Membership of the association becomes valid on and will be calculated from the day the fee is paid.
Please contact the secretariat for further information.